Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Lamps!

I needed some new lamps in our new little living room! So what better place to go to than the DI right!? So we go, I found this lamp that was pretty ugly and outdated but defiantly had extreme potential. It didn't have a price tag on it, so at check out they lady gave it to us for 3 dollars! I was so excited!!!! After we left DI, I was so ecstatic that we had to go to Home Depot right then so I could pick out a spray paint color for the lamp. I picked a nice chocolate brown!


Before:
After:







The best part is that a couple days later we went to a different DI to find more awesome deals. I went by the lamps to see if there was anything better than what I got, and what I found was the same exact lamp that I had just bought a few days before! It was crazy! I couldn't believe it, I was really excited to have a matching lamp. When we brought it up to the register it was tagged for 5 bucks, and the guy said, "Eh, I'll give it to you for 3!" Awesome yeah!? I love finding good deals, it's rare for me.   

3 comments:

  1. I love good deal too! Your parents said you were able to watch some HGTV this summer so I'll have to hit you up for some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need a place to decorate, my house is the place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll have to get together for some tips by Jane on decorating!

    ReplyDelete