Monday, March 18, 2013

Baby Brooklyn


The newest member of the Paul LaClaire family is here! She arrived on October 14, 2012 at 11:24pm. She was 7 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches long. Now I understand this post is little late, knowing that Brooklyn is now a little over 5 months old ... but hey, better late then never they always say, right? Brooklyn is a wonderful addition to our family. She is so adorable, and always has us smiling.

Brooklyn has already had her first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, St. Patrick's and soon Easter! Sooo fun having a baby during the Holidays!



Brooklyn is always smiling. Such a happy baby! When Grandy was here, she sang "A- You're Adorable" to her, she loves it! I finally learned the song, and without fail she smiles every time I start to sing it. I think it's easy to say that smiling is her favorite. She has made the transition from no baby, to baby pretty easy!
Being a new mom has been wonderful, fun, amazing and hard. There is so much to learn. Everyone's experience is different from pregnancy and beyond. Taking advice from people is good, but they way they do things could work for them but not for me. In my small silly brain I kinda thought things would come naturally. I thought I would be shocked with knowing all things simultaneously when I had Brooklyn. Well, oddly enough (ha) that sure did not happen. Sometimes it has taken prayers, advice, reading websites and books, and lots of faith to learn how to take care of this little precious girl. But I guess the most important thing that I do know is that I love this little girl and her daddy loves her, and even more importantly her Heavenly Father loves her even more. That is something I can not comprehend! 
Even though people have different experiences, I think there is one thing that most can agree on, having kids is the hardest, yet most wonderful thing ever. I'm sure it gets better and better and harder and harder as they grow. I'm only in the very early stages of it and it's already the best! I wouldn't change it for anything.
Brooklyn just turned 5 months. She's 14 pounds and 25 1/4 inches long. Usually they don't have a check up at 5 months, but her 4 month appointment was eh. She had dropped from the 30% to the 5%. The doctor demanded a weight check at 5 months! Meany ;)  So the last month has been full of making this baby cubby! In one month she gain about 3.5 pounds! Boom! This mama is figuring it out (slowly, no pro yet) She is back up to the 30%. The doctor was happier with me this last visit, and I with him)

Arizona is the best, hot weather = cute little tiny swimming suits. I got one for her at my baby shower that every girl wants! We have already hit the pool a couple times. Right now it's perfect weather. It's only going to get hotter and it will get too hot, even to swim. So we are enjoying every second!
#brooklynisthecutestbaby

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun post, Jane. We love Brooklyn and we love you and Paul. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are such a good mommy! Just so you know, we are all still figuring it out.....just don't tell our kids we are learning as we go!

    ReplyDelete